Tuesday, February 19, 2013

THE HIGHEST PEAK IN MONTENEGRO.

Our attempt to hike to the summit of the highest mountain in Montenegro was one of the most memorable days of my European life. Never in my life had I witnessed such harsh, sheer, hospitable beauty. When you are up in the mountains you learn to respect nature real fast as it can suck you back into its soil with one wrong move. Unfortunately we fell short of reaching the summit. After a solid 8 hours of hiking with heavy packs and the sun slowing slipping away Pete made the right decision and decided we head back to base camp. At the time I must admit I was a little delirious as I had never hiked up at high altitude in my life, but not reaching the top was a bit of a low blow, especially as it was  in our sites. We made it safe back to camp to enjoy the sunset and a cold refreshing Piva (beer). Even more of a bummer was the next day that I had to start making my way with the girls back to Belgrade, Pete stocked up on supplies and headed back up into the mountains and spent the next 2 weeks hiking over the whole mountain range.       
           
                     

No comments:

To Buy/Stock/Distribute Gypsy Skateboards contact: http://www.maccaronidistribution.com/

To Buy/Stock/Distribute Gypsy Skateboards contact: http://www.maccaronidistribution.com/